Tuesday 21 August 2012

Newspaper/Love Letter nail art

I'm sure all of you have heard of newspaper nails where you using rubbing alcohol to transfer the newspaper words onto your nails. I've always wanted to try that but never had access to rubbing alcohol. Bundle Monster's newest set(third set 2012) has a newspaper/love letter looking stamp. I knew I had to do this. Sadly my plate BM-311 wasn't working but Bundle Monster kindly sent me new ones to make up for them. As soon as I received BM-311 again I got straight down to this.

Products I used:
Jordana- Base Coat
DearFace- Modern Gray 904
Konad special polish- Black
BYS- Topcoat
Orly- Fifty Four
Bundle Monster- BM-311 image plate

This picture is really just to show the shimmer/glowwy effect of Orly Fifty Four. As you can see Fifty Four is the polish bottle in my hand. This design needed a little sprucing up so I added Fifty Four. The camera didn't really pick up the effect of the polish but it looks much better in person. I applied two coats of fifty four.

I liked this design and was happy with it although the grey could have been  a little lighter. In al
 Pictures I have Orly's Fifty Four but they just aren't noticeable. This stamp requires you to scrap gently because the words are so small, if you scrap hard you will scrap all the polish from the words on the stamp

Everyone seemed very impressed when they saw this design. Someone even asked if I work in a nail salon because of this design. It all worked out very well and I'm glad I tried it.

Here you can see the shimmer a little better on my index finger. The shimmer picked up better when in a room with lights rather than in natural sun. The second and third photos was in the natural sun. My curtains pulled up so the sun can shine through and that really didn't help with the shimmer in the photos however in person when the sun shinned on my nails the shimmer was more noticeable. The first picture and this picture were taken in a room with lights and that showed the shimmer better in the photos

10 comments:

  1. I tried to do something like this but I failed :') I love this type of mani! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think you should try again. Practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen this stamp around and just love it. The colours you used make it look really antique like. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really glad you like it

      Sadaf

      Delete
  3. It's really pretty, I love it! By the way, I've never tried rubbing alcohol for the actual newsprint nails but I've found that vodka works perfectly :] Just a tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip but I'm glad I found an easier way :)

      Sadaf

      Delete
  4. Wow. i am in love with the newspaper nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea the newspaper nail art is quite popular lately, I'm just glad I found an easier way(stamping)

      Sadaf

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time and commenting!!! I love reading your comments and feedbacks. I appreciate every single comment. I try to reply as quick as possible so please do check back later. Please don't hesitate to comment